Welcome to Our Practice
Connecticut Asthma and Allergy Center
CAAC does not have COVID-19 vaccine to administer to patients. We will update all our patients if we receive any doses to administer in the future.
April 22nd, 2021 update
Governor Lamont has recently announced starting in May, he will be pulling back on the restrictions businesses have regarding capacity. It is not yet clear if the mask requirement will change from required to recommended.
At CAAC, we will continue to maintain the same strict mask policy for all patients above the age of 2 years old within our waiting room and office space. This is a requirement of our office to maintain the safety of all our patients. If you or your child is unable to wear a well-fitted cloth or surgical mask within our office space, please notify our scheduling team with specific information when booking appointments as we may need to make special accommodations. All patients receiving allergy shots must continue to wear a well-fitting cloth or surgical mask while in our waiting room.
Please read the following updates in advance of your appointment.
CAAC response to COVID-19
CAAC is dedicated to keeping our patients and staff protected from exposure to COVID-19.
- We require ALL patients over 2 years of age to wear well-fitting cloth or surgical mask when they come in. If you or your child are unable to wear a well-fitted cloth or surgical mask, please notify our scheduling team upon booking your appointment as we may need to make special accommodations for you.
- We are sanitizing the waiting room chairs and surfaces at least twice per day. We are sanitizing every exam room from top to bottom between each patient visit. All equipment such as blood pressure cuffs, otoscopes, and stethoscopes will be sanitized between patients.
- We are asking that patients who are symptomatic with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 schedule telemedicine visits.
- If you have traveled out of state within 10 days of your appointment, please call in advance to review our office policy with our scheduling team.
- There is a health screen implemented by Hartford Healthcare that all patients must complete upon booking and checking in for appointments.
- We are asking ALL patients to not bring additional family members to appointments. Minors should be accompanied by only one adult. Siblings and other family members will not be permitted into the office unless they are also scheduled to be seen.
- Please bring a video capable device with Zoom downloaded in advance to your office visit in order to aid in the history taking process.
- Patients with office visit appointments in all offices will be checked in by phone and wait in their car for an exam room to open.
- Our shot patient appointments are limited to avoid crowding in the waiting room. Shots are by appointment only. Please arrive at your scheduled appointment time. Early or late arrivals will be asked to reschedule by phone from their vehicle.
Thank you all for your compliance with these rules as we navigate this difficult situation. As information continues to evolve, we will keep our website updated.
At Connecticut Asthma and Allergy Center, we pride ourselves in providing exceptional patient care for the last 54 years. Our dedicated team of providers, nurses, and staff help ensure that all of your asthma and allergy needs are met.
The practice was founded by Dr. Selcow in 1965 and officially became CAAC in 1991. Since then, we have grown today to a total of 8 providers and we have expanded to 5 office locations throughout CT to meet the needs of our patients. Together with our outstanding nurses, MAs, and administrative staff, we have built a reputation of commitment to understanding each patient’s specific concerns. Our doctors and PAs are dedicated to providing personalized care to our patients.
"Glad I came to this office. Doctor was great. Staff is friendly! Love the idea of scanning card when come in for weekly allergy shots. This lets the nurse know you are there and very helpful when busy waiting room. Office hours are accommodating as well. Very easy to make appointments!"
"My experience at CAAC was excellent. Doctor took the time to answer all of our questions and was very good with my son, who was nervous about getting so many shots! The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. I really appreciated how well everyone interacted with my son."
"We have been coming to this office for years. The doctors are always professional, personable, and addresses any concerns that we may have. I appreciate the staff's respect for time by being prompt once we arrive for our appointments."
"Wonderful, easily located, timely and considerate care. Very thorough in determining what's occurring and finding a workable solution! My asthma is now so well managed I often forget I still have it. I love their willingness to listen to me as we find a solution on the rare occasion when I’m still struggling medically."
"I am a new patient at CAAC and found everyone from the staff to the wonderful doctor who treated me exceptional. The follow up after the appointment has been good as well. I'm happy to have found such a dedicated team for my asthma treatment. I'm especially impressed with the timeliness of the appointment and the preparedness and knowledge of the doctor."
"I was greeted in a professional manner, was spoken to with courtesy and a professional manner when being seen, and overall was made to feel very comfortable by all staff I'd seen during my appointment. I was made aware of each test, what it would entail, and why it was being done. Very impressed. The comfort and the time spent speaking to me and answering my questions."