Welcome to Our Practice
Connecticut Asthma and Allergy Center
CAAC response to COVID-19
CAAC is dedicated to keeping our patients and staff protected as best we can from COVID-19.
- We are sanitizing the waiting room chairs and surfaces at least twice per day.
- Patients who arrive with active symptoms are required to put on a mask and are roomed as quickly as possible.
- There is a health screen implemented by Hartford Healthcare that all patients must complete upon booking appointments.
- We advise shot patients who are worried about COVID-19 to schedule their appointments during off-peak hours to help avoid crowded waiting rooms.
- Please be patient with us as we are sanitizing every exam room from top to bottom between each patient visit. All equipment such as blood pressure cuffs, otoscopes, stethoscopes will be sanitized between patients. This takes time and may cause some delays with rooming patients.
- We are asking ALL patients to not bring additional family members to appointments. Minors should be accompanied by only one adult. Siblings and other family members will not be permitted into the office unless they are also scheduled to be seen.
- We will be asking ALL patients/caretakers to wash their hands with soap and water in the exam room as part of the rooming process.
- We recommend that all of our patients follow the CDC guidelines for prevention of exposure:
- Our shot patient appointments are being spread out to avoid crowding in the waiting room. Shots are by appointment only. We are proactively calling patients who were booked at high volume times to attempt to reschedule and spread out the appointments.
- We are offering limited appointments for telemedicine. If you are calling to reschedule an appointment due to inability to come into our office, you will be offered a telemedicine appointment. We are using a secure, encrypted, HIPAA compliant application called Zoom. These encounters should be conducted via tablet or laptop.
Thank you all for your patience as we navigate this difficult situation. As information continues to evolve, we will keep both this site and our website updated.
At Connecticut Asthma and Allergy Center, we pride ourselves in providing exceptional patient care for the last 54 years. Our dedicated team of providers, nurses, and staff help ensure that all of your asthma and allergy needs are met.
The practice was founded by Dr. Selcow in 1965 and officially became CAAC in 1991. Since then, we have grown today to a total of 8 providers and we have expanded to 5 office locations throughout CT to meet the needs of our patients. Together with our outstanding nurses, MAs, and administrative staff, we have built a reputation of commitment to understanding each patient’s specific concerns. Our doctors and PAs are dedicated to providing personalized care to our patients.
"Glad I came to this office. Doctor was great. Staff is friendly! Love the idea of scanning card when come in for weekly allergy shots. This lets the nurse know you are there and very helpful when busy waiting room. Office hours are accommodating as well. Very easy to make appointments!"
"My experience at CAAC was excellent. Doctor took the time to answer all of our questions and was very good with my son, who was nervous about getting so many shots! The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. I really appreciated how well everyone interacted with my son."
"We have been coming to this office for years. The doctors are always professional, personable, and addresses any concerns that we may have. I appreciate the staff's respect for time by being prompt once we arrive for our appointments."
"Wonderful, easily located, timely and considerate care. Very thorough in determining what's occurring and finding a workable solution! My asthma is now so well managed I often forget I still have it. I love their willingness to listen to me as we find a solution on the rare occasion when I’m still struggling medically."
"I am a new patient at CAAC and found everyone from the staff to the wonderful doctor who treated me exceptional. The follow up after the appointment has been good as well. I'm happy to have found such a dedicated team for my asthma treatment. I'm especially impressed with the timeliness of the appointment and the preparedness and knowledge of the doctor."
"I was greeted in a professional manner, was spoken to with courtesy and a professional manner when being seen, and overall was made to feel very comfortable by all staff I'd seen during my appointment. I was made aware of each test, what it would entail, and why it was being done. Very impressed. The comfort and the time spent speaking to me and answering my questions."