Welcome to Our Practice
Connecticut Asthma and Allergy Center
Please read the following in advance of your appointment.
CAAC COVID-19 Office Regulations
CAAC is dedicated to keeping our patients and staff protected from exposure to COVID-19.
- We require ALL patients over 2 years of age to wear well-fitting cloth or surgical mask when they come in. If you or your child are unable to wear a well-fitted cloth or surgical mask, please notify our scheduling team upon booking your appointment as we may need to make special accommodations for you.
- For Allergy Shot visits: We are asking ALL patients to not bring additional family members to appointments. Minors should be accompanied by only one adult. Siblings and other family members will not be permitted into the office unless they are also scheduled to be seen.
- For Office Visits: Patients aged 0-4 years old - Both parents can attend the office visit. Both Parents need to be symptom free and wear a well fitting mask. Patients aged 5-18 - Only 1 parent should be in attendance in the office, if both parents would like to attend we can set up a Zoom call for you to join. Patients 18-22 - 1 Parent can attend the visit. We are still asking that siblings without office visits and addition family members (grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc) not attend the appointment.
- Our shot patient appointments are limited to avoid crowding in the waiting room. Shots are by appointment only. Please arrive at your scheduled appointment time. Early or late arrivals will be asked to reschedule by phone from their vehicle
- Patients with office visit appointments in all offices will be checked in by phone and wait in their car for an exam room to open.
- We are asking that patients who are symptomatic with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 schedule telemedicine visits.
- There is a health screen implemented by Hartford Healthcare that all patients must complete upon booking and checking in for appointments.
We are sanitizing the waiting room chairs and surfaces at least twice per day. We are sanitizing every exam room from top to bottom between each patient visit. All equipment such as blood pressure cuffs, otoscopes and stethoscopes are sanitized between patients.
Thank you all for your compliance with these rules as we navigate this difficult situation. As information continues to evolve, we will keep our website updated.
At Connecticut Asthma and Allergy Center, we pride ourselves in providing exceptional patient care for the last 54 years. Our dedicated team of providers, nurses, and staff help ensure that all of your asthma and allergy needs are met.
The practice was founded by Dr. Selcow in 1965 and officially became CAAC in 1991. Since then, we have grown today to a total of 8 providers and we have expanded to 5 office locations throughout CT to meet the needs of our patients. Together with our outstanding nurses, MAs, and administrative staff, we have built a reputation of commitment to understanding each patient’s specific concerns. Our doctors and PAs are dedicated to providing personalized care to our patients.
"Glad I came to this office. Doctor was great. Staff is friendly! Love the idea of scanning card when come in for weekly allergy shots. This lets the nurse know you are there and very helpful when busy waiting room. Office hours are accommodating as well. Very easy to make appointments!"
"My experience at CAAC was excellent. Doctor took the time to answer all of our questions and was very good with my son, who was nervous about getting so many shots! The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. I really appreciated how well everyone interacted with my son."
"We have been coming to this office for years. The doctors are always professional, personable, and addresses any concerns that we may have. I appreciate the staff's respect for time by being prompt once we arrive for our appointments."
"Wonderful, easily located, timely and considerate care. Very thorough in determining what's occurring and finding a workable solution! My asthma is now so well managed I often forget I still have it. I love their willingness to listen to me as we find a solution on the rare occasion when I’m still struggling medically."
"I am a new patient at CAAC and found everyone from the staff to the wonderful doctor who treated me exceptional. The follow up after the appointment has been good as well. I'm happy to have found such a dedicated team for my asthma treatment. I'm especially impressed with the timeliness of the appointment and the preparedness and knowledge of the doctor."
"I was greeted in a professional manner, was spoken to with courtesy and a professional manner when being seen, and overall was made to feel very comfortable by all staff I'd seen during my appointment. I was made aware of each test, what it would entail, and why it was being done. Very impressed. The comfort and the time spent speaking to me and answering my questions."