Welcome to Our Practice
Connecticut Asthma and Allergy Center
Please read the following in advance of your appointment.
CAAC COVID-19 Office Regulations
CAAC is dedicated to keeping our patients and staff protected from exposure to COVID-19.
- We require ALL patients over 2 years of age to wear well-fitting cloth or surgical mask when they come in. If you or your child are unable to wear a well-fitted cloth or surgical mask, please notify our scheduling team upon booking your appointment as we may need to make special accommodations for you.
- For Allergy Shot visits : We are asking ALL patients to not bring additional family members to appointments. Minors should be accompanied by only one adult. Siblings and other family members will not be permitted into the office unless they are also scheduled to be seen.
- Our shot patient appointments are limited to avoid crowding in the waiting room. Shots are by appointment only. Please arrive at your scheduled appointment time. Early or late arrivals will be asked to reschedule by phone from their vehicle
- Patients with office visit appointments in all offices will be checked in by phone and wait in their car for an exam room to open.
- We are asking that patients who are positive with COVID-19 schedule telemedicine visits.
- Any person attending an office visit should be fever free for 48 hours before their visit with the provider.
- There is a health screen implemented by Hartford Healthcare that all patients must complete upon booking and checking in for appointments.
We are sanitizing the waiting room chairs and surfaces at least twice per day. We are sanitizing every exam room from top to bottom between each patient visit. All equipment such as blood pressure cuffs, otoscopes and stethoscopes are sanitized between patients.
Thank you all for your compliance with these rules as we navigate this difficult situation. As information continues to evolve, we will keep our website updated.
At Connecticut Asthma and Allergy Center, we pride ourselves in providing exceptional patient care for over 50 years. Our dedicated team of providers, nurses, and staff help ensure that all of your asthma and allergy needs are met.
The practice was founded by Dr. Selcow in 1965 and officially became CAAC in 1991. Since then, we have grown today to a total of 8 providers and we have expanded to 5 office locations throughout CT to meet the needs of our patients. Together with our outstanding nurses, MAs, and administrative staff, we have built a reputation of commitment to understanding each patient’s specific concerns. Our doctors and PAs are dedicated to providing personalized care to our patients.