NEW POLICY REGARDING PRESCRIPITONS: Please call your pharmacy. Office staff will be unable to accept those requests. Thank you.
It has been brought to our attention that you have arranged an initial evaluation with one of the allergists at Connecticut Asthma & Allergy Center. Depending on your chief concern, it will be helpful to bring to your office visit some of the following:
- For all patients, please bring along all your medications in their bottles, tubes, or vials. Please bring along any alternative medicines such as vitamins, supplements, or homeopathic remedies.
- If you will be seen to evaluate chronic nasal sinus symptoms, please consider bringing along films of your most recent sinus x-ray or CT scan. If these films are not available, please try to bring along the latest and last x-ray/CT scan reports.
- If you are coming to evaluate a chronic cough, wheezing, asthma, or other pulmonary condition, please bring along your most recent chest x-ray. The chest x-ray report might also suffice.
- If you are seeing one of the doctors to evaluate a drug allergy, a careful and complete listing of the medicines in question and the dates of their use would be most helpful. You may need to obtain this information from your referring physician, pharmacy, or the prior prescribing health care provider. There is no substitute for having complete information as to the medicine (including brand name and dose) to which you may have had a reaction.
- For any and all problems to be evaluated, your doctor will wish to know the therapies that were used in the past for your complaint and what happened with it. If you know this information, great! If you do not, try to obtain it from prior health care providers prior to your visit so it may be incorporated into your evaluation.
- Patients who do not cancel their scheduled appointment 24 hours in advance will be charged a No Show Fee of $100 for new patients and $50 for office visits.
Thank you for your assistance with these requests. They are made with the intention to give you as complete an evaluation for your complaint(s) as we can within the time allotted for your visit. Lessening the time in taking your history and gathering information increases the time for us to explain our findings and recommendations.